This section of the website has the potential to change your business if you are truly able to adopt this philosophy and apply it to your organization. The decision paradigm is something that you have probably considered to some degree in the past, but there is a significant gap between a concept and your reality. Therefore, in order to benefit from reading onward, it is essential to relate what you are reading to the WHY (as in why you do, what you do)in your life, which translates into your business.
Once the decision paradigm is mastered, the outcome is exponential because you will have learned how to appeal to people on both sides of the decision making continuum, while establishing a loyal following, aka a movement, where your audience begins to share your why on behalf of you.
If at this point, you are calling our bluff, then don’t waste your time by reading onward because if you do not believe that the decision paradigm can transform your business, then you will be wasting your time. But just so you know, the only organizations that will thrive in the 21st century are those who embrace this new model of business growth. Your marketing, communication, sales, products, and services rely on the decision paradigm and without proper and effective mastery, all of your efforts will be futile.
Okay, now it is time to dive into this construct so that you can expose yourself to a philosophy that drives the success of all Synduit clients…
People make decisions based on two, completely independent variables that we have united for the purpose of establishing a new synergy. This new synergy will become your new means of communication and connection and when applied correctly, you will witness transformational results. But your success within the decision paradigm is based on how close you are able to get to the point of neutral, also known as Emolectual Decisions.
Let’s begin by defining each side of this paradigm and then introducing you to what your ultimate vision needs to be in order to transform your business in the 21st century and beyond…
Most small business owners appeal to their clients on an intellectual level, which is why when someone feels educated about your product or service they will make the purchase. BUT when another product/service comes along that appeals on an intellectual level to a greater degree than your product/service, you will be out of sight and out of mind. The intellectual decision is based on WHAT it is that you do, and remember, nothing about your WHAT (i.e. Your label) is unique, nor does it define you as an individual. There is no difference for the WHAT of one accountant or another accountant, nor is there a difference between the what of one chiropractor and another chiropractor, or one author and another author, or one graphic designer and another graphic designer. When people are making intellectual decisions about your product or service you should definitely not be at ease because in a world of innovation, (which is where all of us reside), as there will always be something that appears more intellectually stimulating and eventually your client will be a consumer of another company. Examples of appealing on an intellectually level
- Promotions- When you cut prices and you use manipulative sales strategies you are definitely appealing to a consumer on an intellectual level because a “good deal” is a reason people will make a purchase.
- Comparative Purchasing- If a consumer is simply going to “gather information,” and you educate this person about your product or service, they will use this information when comparing two or more companies and if your product has more intellectual backing, you will have the chance of winning.
- THE RISK- Nothing appeals on an intellectual level when “times are tough,” because even if your product “makes sense” and meets a need in the life of the consumer, if finances are tight, time is limited, or resources are sparse, these circumstances will always overshadow any amount of education. In addition, once “times change,” the odds are you do not have the continuous system of communication (the SYNDUIT MODEL) and as a result you will be out of sight and out of mind and the consumer will now be educated by another company who will appeal on an intellectual level.
On the other side of the decision paradigmresides emotional decisions, which are not sustainable, nor will they create a business that turns into a legacy and a world changer. Let’s begin with an example that you will probably relate to if you are familiar with Furby. Furby was a toy that was launched in the late 1990’s that was the size of an owl (and looked like one too) and would become the adopted pet for your child. Furby would eat, sleep, get sick, use the bathroom, and it would talk all day and all night. When Furby hit the markets, it definitely appealed to people on an emotional level because there is no chance that a family would have purchased a toy that makes an endless amount of noise for their child. There are some people who actually purchased multiple Furbies because they were so emotionally stimulated and within 6 months of this big launch, the emotion died, the batteries were removed from Furby, and this legacy of a toy completely dissipated.
When people make decisions solely based on emotion there is absolutely no sustainability because there is often no thought involved. Use relationships, for example, and do you know anyone who decided to visit Las Vegas, after one week of meeting their partner to become wedded? Now, are these people still married? The odds are they are probably not and the reason is because these two people did not have any intellectual connection…they did not know anything about one another.
This happens all of the time to small business owners because if you are only able to engage people on an emotional level, you will probably get them excited about your product or service, they will most likely show you every possible buying sign, but they will often never come back. Why do you think this is the case?
The answer is actually very simple and it proves that solely connecting on an emotional level will never work, because when this “prospect” returns home to their spouse or loved one OR speaks with their business partner and mentions investing in your product or service, they are unable to answer any questions. THEY ARE UNEDUCATED!
You were able to get them excited, but excitement is an emotion that will never sustain itself and if your business is solely based on emotional buying, your window for success is very small and you better hit the jackpot quickly because there is plenty of room next to Furby in the business graveyard.
Here are some examples of appealing only on an emotional level…
- Purchases based on creating a false sense of urgency- If you are telling your customer that there are specific territory limitations for your products or a limited number available at a certain price, but this is also the end of the dialogue and the reason the purchase is made, then you are only appealing on an emotional level. Trying to sustain a false sense of urgency is impossible!
- Selling and marketing based on fear- Many business use fear tactics when attempting to grow their client base because people typically make irrational decisions when they are afraid. But once they are no longer operating from this place, and they become rational, they quickly realize that their past decision was driven by emotion. In order for you to succeed, you better have a no return policy and a hefty liability insurance policy. Fear will never work, and instead, it will lead to poor reviews, angry customers, and an organization that has a very short lifespan.
- THE RISK- You will get an enormous number of buying signs from your prospects, but if they do not purchase on the spot you lost the deal and if they do purchase impulsively, get ready for some hefty returns. Emotional purchasing will last as long as a wedding in Las Vegas, after one week when the couple does not know anything about one another other than an intense emotional connection.
Okay, now that we have debunked the strategies you convinced yourself were effective, it is time to teach you what we mean by finding neutrality on the decision paradigm. Keep in mind, the closer you get to the central point of this continuum the more successful you will become as a business person and in your life. In addition, and this statement is based on our experience working with small/mid-sized business owners, entrepreneurs, and practitioners from around the world, the closer you get to the median of the Decision Paradigm the more you will enjoy your life and your business because you will be operating from a place of complete passion, authenticity, and achieving congruent success.
We define this area of the paradigm as Emolectual Decisions which is a synergistic blend of emotion and intellect where your customer feels well informed and connected to your product/service and not only do they make the purchase for themselves, but they are able to clearly communicate the why of your organization. In addition, they are not only customers of your products/services, but they are believers in your cause and an extension of your movement. They are able to further your vision, in an even more substantial way than you can for yourself.
|Just for the purpose of clarification, a movement is a small group of people, who share a common mission, and the desire to challenge the status quo in order to change the world.
When people are connected with you on an Emolectual level they become invested with the success of the movement because they believe in your WHY and they understand your WHAT. You have successfully educated the consumer on the features of your products/service, but you also introduced how this will benefit their particular situation. In addition, you helped your audience realize that they are becoming part of something substantial and the synergy that will be established will lead to exponential growth for everyone involved. This appeals to the basic human need for a sense of belonging.
Let us explain how Synduit appeals to you on an Emolectual Level…
We are an outsourced marketing and consulting firm that works exclusively with small/mid-sized businesses, entrepreneurs, and practitioners. We become your marketing department and an extension of your business. The reason why this is so important is because your success in business is contingent on your consistency of communicating on an emolectual level to your audience. This is why we completely manage the entire marketing process for you within the 21st century model of communication. We employ social media initiatives, email campaigns, landing page development, drip communication, blogging, ecommerce, event registration, website development, and so much more. We also make sure that you are never out of sight and out of mind with your audience; so that once your prospects become ready to make a decision you are the company of choice because you consistently show up in their lives. When you join Synduit you become part of something much larger than yourself because we represent a co-op of small businesses from around the world. Therefore, we are a pool of innovations, strategies, and concepts that are initiated by a team of young, entrepreneurial minded, expert marketers who completely understand the 21st century model. Think of Synduit like a top advertising agency in New York City, the only difference is that we only work with small businesses, whereas the agency focuses on the world of fortune 500 companies. Our mission is to even the playing field for you as a small business owner so that your message is able to echo as loud (and maybe even louder) than the larger organizations who have substantially more resources. Therefore, we would be honored to have you join our movement so that our synergy produces more than either of us could have accomplished on our own. Are you ready to never be out of sight and out of mind ever again?